Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to install Ubuntu getting error I think it's about my SAS card...

Beans

Re: Trying to install Ubuntu getting error I think it's about my SAS card...

Ok will do thanks

Beans

So an update. I just removed the GPU and after that every went smoothly.

From my understanding with Plex the iGPU is enough for it with my CPU since I'm not for the most part using Plex outside my home.

The thing is I wanted to dual boot, but when I select the option it never gave me my WD black NVME to do so.

So I just created a partition in windows and had Ubuntu use that and after that everything went perfectly.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    Last edited by fin7452; 1 Week Ago at 10:34 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

So, you ignored everyone's recommendations to either use "nomodeset" boot parameter, or starting the installer with the "Safe Graphics" option. That was verified when you pulled your NVidia card and it just worked.

Okay. LOL. You do not think that is a problem, so this is solved then.

Please use the "Thread Tools" link at the upper right of the page to mark your thread as "Solved".

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    So, you ignored everyone's recommendations to either use "nomodeset" boot parameter, or starting the installer with the "Safe Graphics" option. That was verified when you pulled your NVidia card and it just worked.

Okay. LOL. You do not think that is a problem, so this is solved then.

Please use the "Thread Tools" link at the upper right of the page to mark your thread as "Solved".
    Or you know what I took the advice to look at my GPU that might be causing the issue and confirm that with the removal of my GPU and looking more into it decided that including MY GPU with MY setup no longer made sense so I removed it. Why is that a problem? it's my setup, I was told to look at my GPU as a cause of the issue I confirmed with it's removal and decided to not put it back in... it's odd whenever I i sought help with my windows install everyone was more then willing to help even if I didn't follow advice to the letter, but here no you can't go against advice! wtf! 🙄

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12