Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: systemd-networkd-wait-online service timing out during boot 22.04.4 LTS

Beans

Re: systemd-networkd-wait-online service timing out during boot 22.04.4 LTS

You will not believe this, the way to fix it was to let the command finish. I opened the service, copied the file path, which for me was
    Code:
    /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online
    and then ran that at bash, it ran and eventually timed out with an error that I didn't take note of because I was stupid and expected it to be the service timeout not remembering I'm not running the damn service, anyway, since then it works totally fine with --any at the command line. Restart the service, call the binary directly, reboot the machione, it all works. Whatever it did when I ran it directly and let it finish instead of the service timeout ending it early fixed whatever error it was having.

Please, if you have this error on a machine right now, run the command directly and let me know the error? Some cleanup or some file or something was just needing to happen at the service exit that wasn't happening.

I will write a blog post about this whole episode. I so wish I kept that message
    Last edited by Irihapeti; 1 Week Ago at 05:24 AM. Reason: make code readable colour

Beans

Re: systemd-networkd-wait-online service timing out during boot 22.04.4 LTS

I'm having this problem (2-minute timeout during booting of Ubuntu 22.04) on my VPS right now. I've been fighting with this for half a day. Trying to read through tons of noise in this thread. And failing to understand if there is actually a fix here in this thread.

Running the command ( /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online ) manually from bash under root does nothing but hanging for ~2 minutes and printing exactly the same error message as when run as a service during boot:
    Code:
    root@de:~# /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online
    Timeout occurred while waiting for network connectivity.
    root@de:~#
    And adding --timeout=0 to the command to disable the timing out just makes the command to hang for 18+ minutes, I didn't see a point to wait more and aborted it with Ctrl-C.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12